New here with 1956 AT

Hi all, Just got back Saturday from NH picking up a 15' AT for my brother-in-law in RI. His dad owned it for decades and ran it on Lake Winnipesaukee. It's been garaged for years but has an almost new 40 HP Mariner engine on it. It's in excellent shape, just 2 quick questions. It rained last night and I noticed a couple inches of water in it today. I went to pull the plug out of the transom but there isn't one. Seems strange, don't these have one? Also does anyone know where I could find some new white molding for the bottom of the windshield? Here's some pictures.

Attachments

• PICT0645.JPG
    PICT0645.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 3
  • PICT0641.JPG
    PICT0641.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 3
  • PICT0639.JPG
    PICT0639.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 3
  • PICT0648.JPG
    PICT0648.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 3

kfa4303

Banned
Re: New here with 1956 AT

Hi Old School. Welcome to iboats. Great to have another AT owner here in the forums. Super cool boat too. I love the fins! My AT doesn't have a drain plug in the transom, instead it uses a "scupper valve", which is a hole through the bottom of the the hull located in the rear port side corner of the hull. It's designed such that it is plugged while underway, but can be unplugged when on place to allow water to drain. Of course, you have to remember to put the plug back in when you slow down. I just leave my plug in all the time and pull it when I leave the ramp. I'm not exactly sure where to get the white, vinyl weather stripping, but it may clan up with a bit of elbow grease. If that doesn't do it, someone else in the forums will know where to get some. Also, check right here at iboats for it. The motor looks nice and clean and should push her along nicely. Here is a handy link that may give a bit more info on the boat.

Arkansas traveler - Classic Boat Library
Arkansas traveler - Classic Boat Library