85493-B model number help

Maclaren

Recruit
Hello I'm new here and have a few questions. This friend of my dads wants to sell me a boat for cheep. the motor turns over freely. He stats that it has no spark after it was pressure washed. I have a bayliner that I want to put this 74 Evinrude 85 HP motor on. Sounds like it will be a sweet deal, if the motor only needs a power pack or something. What do you guys think. ? Thanks for all replies.

Last edited:

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: 85493-B model number help

Will he let you check it out before you buy it?
You can go to the CDI electronics website and look up your engine and use their trouble shooting guide to help you find out why it doesn't have spark.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Before you buy it check the compression, spark and lower unit oil.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Washing it shouldn't hurt the power pack. But short out some wires, maybe.

Maclaren

Recruit

Ya I was looking at it yesterday and I dont think he would have a problem with me taking a look at it. The whole boat is gutted but still has the steering wheel and hopefully the key so ill be able to turn it over to check the compression and spark. How do I find the diagnostics? Im searching via mobile phone. Thanks again every one. He only wants what he sister paid for it witch is 300 and he said he would take off 100 if he can keep the trailer. Soo if this motor checks out ill put this motor on my bayliner and try and sell the boat with no trailer or if no one wants it ill just burn it : p