1977 bramco seaswirl

Jeremyh

Recruit
Just purchased a 1977 bramco seaswirl cuddy cabin with a Ford 302. Bought it to do a complete restoration looking for a wiring schematic to get me started. Any help would be appreciated since there doesn't seem to be much on this boat so to them selling out in 1987.

foodfisher

Captain
Re: 1977 bramco seaswirl

Generics are at the top of the page. Specific is probably non existant.

Jeremyh

Recruit

Any info would help since I can't find any. Anything about this boat.

Jeremyh

Recruit

Thank you I didn't quite understand what he was saying. So as far as the overall structure of the boat is seems very solid. Any ideas to why this company never went anywhere? It is 36 years old and everything including the floors are solid even though they have never been replaced.

matt167

Captain

Probably couldn't make money, so they went under. Plenty of boat manufactures went under from the early 60's- mid 80's from that fate. Given you find it structurally sound, it might actually be built correctly unlike most boats where corners are cut, so they might have been making less profit than other brands, just by doing the 'right' thing.

Jeremyh

Recruit

Well I've always been a fan of seeing old vehicles and boats still going so restoring the trashed interior (from years of sitting in the weather) and replacing the old locked up 302 and getting her back in the water is going to be great.

mwhitey02

Recruit

I recently purchased a 77 18' Bramco Seaswirl boat with a Chevy 305. Bramco made the Seaswirl brand boats out of Culver Oregon until 1987 when they were purchased by OMC.

Omc Buys Bramco - Chicago Tribune

I agree you in that these boats were built extremly solid... I only know because I just put a new transom, motor mounts and floor in (previous owner never sealed the kicker bracket holes) The good news is they used fiberglass stringers.