st croix legend extreme

yourkiddin

Petty Officer 1st Class
Its my birthday and as my gift I've been giving the rod mentioned. Also fitted with the pflueger patriarch. I've ordered the 6'10 extra fast medium light action. I fish for spotted bass and large mouth using the shakyhead technique. I like the feel of a light action rod. But now I'm hoping it won't be to flimsy for shakyhead and maybe I should of ordered the medium instead the medium light.no one around here has the rod so I could put my hands on it. Any one fish this rod and is it assesensitive as they say. This will be my first high end rod. So I don't know what to expect. Won't get it till Tuesday

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
Re: st croix legend extreme

I think you'll be very happy,...........

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Crazy price for a factory rod. The only thing crazier is buying a $390 rod w/o ever picking one up.

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

I've got a half dozen or so of them,....

50 bucks each is what I payed,.......

All were rods in a batch of returns a friend of mine that rebuilds rods got,...

They might not be quite as nice as "new",....But some small repairs to guides or wraps don't make a big enough difference for me to care,.............

yourkiddin

Petty Officer 1st Class

so maybe im a dingbat. sorry i couldnt resist. but yea i wanted to put my hands on it. but closest place was two hr drive. so if its not right i put it back in the tube and send it back. i talk to tackle warehouse customer service. and teamster why so many returns? thats scary.

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

Mostly because people don't take care of their rods,.....

Many use too heavy of a line,....

Don't set drags correctly,...

Etc,............

And there not all Legend Extremes,...He never knows what will be in the boxes when he orders them,........

Last edited:

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Many use too heavy of a line,....

Don't set drags correctly,...

Etc,............
The number of rods that I get in for repair that where damaged from overloading is next to nil. People claim overload for warranty purposes but nine times out of ten the evidence clearly points to high sticking as the cause of the failure. The higher the modulus, the less tolerant they are of high sticking

Last edited: