5 Min videos on how boats are made

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I thought these were some pretty good little videos, never really have seen a boat assembly from scratch. I think fiberglass is a bunch tougher to work with and they didn't even show all of the work needed.

How it's made fiberglass boats

How it's made aluminum boats - darn can only embed 1 video per post... outside link.

How Its Made Aluminium Boats - YouTube

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Re: 5 Min videos on how boats are made

I wish reverse engineering looked that easy...LOL. Nice vid.
Grub

kfa4303

Banned

Neato! Check out some vids on resin infused fiberglass hulls too, which is what most builders are switching to. It allows you to use all sorts of cool compostie materials like kevlar, carbon fiber, nidacore, starboard, etc... in the hull. Because it's all vacuum powered you get 100% saturation and its a very, tidy process. No masks, chopper guns, ventilators, rollers and all that. Instead they latex gloves and white coats in near surgical environments. It's pretty cool to watch and a near spotless process. It's still kinda pricey, but it's definitely the wave of the future, at least until you're maker bot and print a decent skiff.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Found a couple tube vids on the vacuum infusion resin boats, that's incredible!

kfa4303

Banned

yup, pretty space age and very tidy. they use it to form supercar chassis too. You can even by small home versions so you can make pieces at home. Best of all, no crazy fumes, or bits of glass flying around.