NEW Gluvit question

lakeorbay

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello everyone, it's been far too long.

I plan to Gluvit my boat. I was wondering if the Gluvit can penetrate through the little bits of foam that is left behind in some of the crevices or should I give it a thorough once-over with a proper tool to pick out every last little remnant of foam?

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
Re: NEW Gluvit question

The old foam needs to go,....

Don't forget to replace it when you put things back together, Sinking sucks,..................

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

A stainless steel cup brush (kinked wires) in an angle grinder will make quick work of that foam.

The inside of your hull needs to be pristine before applying Gluvit, follow the manufacturers prep instructions to the "T".

lakeorbay

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Okay great, that's what I needed to know.

I guess I should have given a more clear picture. All of my foam has been removed. Yes, I do plan on replacing it and I don't mean with pool noodles. I'm only concerned about the left over remnants stuck to some of the creases and such. Sounds like that is something the needs to be addressed. Thanks again.

lakeorbay

Petty Officer 2nd Class

One more question before this thread completely dies. There is no need to gluvit the hull above the waterline correct? If I have some left over after painting the bottom up past the waterline, I will use up the rest of what's left.

Bondo

Staff member

One more question before this thread completely dies. There is no need to gluvit the hull above the waterline correct? If I have some left over after painting the bottom up past the waterline, I will use up the rest of what's left.

Ayuh,.... Ya don't have to paint the whole thing in Glu-vit,... Just the Seams,...

Actually, only the Leaky seams,...