Leaky Outdrive

Murph d

Cadet
I have a 1986 Alpha One Mercruiser on an 18 ' Cuddy . Ive owned the boat for 13 yrs . Ive developed a small leak around the area where the wires go thru the transom for the Mercathode, below the exhaust belows . The mercathode has a good seal on it . A new bellows kit has been installed by a Mercruiser trained mechanic . Does anyone have any advise to lend , on what it might be ? Thank you in advance , this forum has been very helpful for me in the past .

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Leaky Outdrive

I have a 1986 Alpha One Mercruiser on an 18 ' Cuddy . Ive owned the boat for 13 yrs . Ive developed a small leak around the area where the wires go thru the transom for the Mercathode, below the exhaust belows . The mercathode has a good seal on it . A new bellows kit has been installed by a Mercruiser trained mechanic . Does anyone have any advise to lend , on what it might be ? Thank you in advance , this forum has been very helpful for me in the past .

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... The most common issue, considerin' the vintage, would be Transom Rot,....