Tell tail and upper exhaust

Disschord

Seaman Apprentice
Hi I just bought a used Suzuki dt65 when I tested the engine before buying the tell tail was pissing like a race horse.
I got it home started her up in a tub I have loads of water coming from the upper exhaust but just drips from the tell tail.
I tried the wire up the pee hole trick I could only get it about 5 inches is that normal? Unfortunately It made no difference. I ran the engine at idle for about 10 minutes I didn't get hot

Any advice please

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: Tell tail and upper exhaust

Did you test the motor on the water when it pissed like a race horse?

Disschord

Seaman Apprentice

I was only able to test it on muffs that is when it was pissing like a horse but now I have it home I ran it in a bin but I'm only getting water out the exhaust

deejaycee_2000

Captain

I would go test it properly just to make sure before you start ordering new parts ... muffs and bins don't give accurate readings .... if it doesn't pee strongly on the water don't ride it ...

metor99

Seaman

I don't know this motor but it sounds like you have a piece of dirt or something blocking the tell tail. Try running a small wire up it or pull the hose off the usually plastic tell tail end. The end is usually smaller than the hose and things will get stuck in it.

Disschord

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for your help guys I was going to pull the tell tail pipe off today and try the wire trick as metor suggested today but unfortunately I blew a 25Amp fuse starting it.
So I have to sort that out first before I can move on

I'm starting to worry that I bought some junk