Operators and maintenance manuals......

Karaokewalt

Recruit
Am really in need of the manuals for my boat.....bought it used and got no manuals with it.....I have a 1995 Maxum 1800sr....any help would be appreciated

foodfisher

Captain
Re: Operators and maintenance manuals......

Boat manual,no(probably non existant). Engine manual, yes. Your ability to have a problem free experience will be greatly enhanced. PS. OEM at any cost. It will pay for itself the first time it is needed.

Last edited:

MarkSee

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Got a couple of suggestions:

I found this manual on the Maxum site which is newer than your model but might still be applicable. See what you think:
http://www.maxumboatparts.com/manuals/1742430.pdf

Posting your question in the Maxum owners group forum here on IBOATS might have provided a better audience that might know:
Maxum Boats

If the owners forum here doesn't provide an answer, might check around for other owners groups.

Mark

ricohman

Lieutenant Commander

I never got a boat manual with my new boat. Only the engine/drive manuals.
I think boat manufacturers should provide a manual with a boat. If you pay 30-40k for a car you would expect a manual.

saumon

Lieutenant

Very few boat manufacturers provide owner's manual and, if they do so, it contain mostly safety stuff and very generic infos, like engine trimming, etc, nothing specific to any particular model that could be useful to owner like wiring diagram, as an example.