Drain water

JoshOnt

Chief Petty Officer
So I have a 14 ft runabout and it has a spot for a bilge pump at the stern. This spot is a indented circle to the floor, it is cracked all the way around and a LOT of water has gotten in due to something that recently happened and the constant rain we have had which broke my cover. Pretty much what I am wondering is if there would be a good way to get the water out? I don't want to gut the boat or replace it so please don't say that even though that is what I should do. I just want a solution that will not weight the boat down and will last me 4-5 more outings. I am getting a new boat in the spring.

oldjeep

Admiral
Re: Drain water

Shop vac? Or are you looking for something that can run while undeway? And then a $20 tarp should fix your boat cover issue

JoshOnt

Chief Petty Officer

I am looking for a way to get the water out. It is currently below the inside deck and the outside hull. I have no room to fit a shop vac in sadly due to having less than an inch to work with. I would be willing to cut out a small piece but only if I could repair easily. And I went and got tarps today (bit late but better than never).

JoshOnt

Chief Petty Officer

I shall try that soon as possible. Thanks oldjeep

JoshOnt

Chief Petty Officer

Just ordered them. Page loaded and I was like yes this is what I need.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Don't think I've ever seen a boat without a drain plug???

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

as he stated in his opening post, his problem wasn't with "water in the bilge" his problem was with water that had entered a sealed compartment due to damage..... this compartment was not designed to ever get water in it and as such had no provision for draining.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Alright, I must be getting too old or breathed in too much aluminum dust. I read it again as well as his 2nd post and well...uhh OK, I hope you find a way to get the water out that's "below the inside deck and the outside hull". (aka compartment that has no drain)

Happy boating!

JoshOnt

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks and yeah I am just cutting a hole in the deck and fiberglassing something back in place till I scrap the boat at the end of the season.