performance expectations

jaredmiller588

Recruit
1. No issue
2. Atwoods Ballistic stainless
3. 14.5x19p
4. W.o.t. 5100rpm top speed 46mph
5. 1990 omc cobra 4.3 v6, 175hp
6. 1990 phantom 180, 18.2 " unknown weight.

Back story is my buddy drug me out of water before I got trim up so screw my $200 stainless prop right.

Now im thinking about going up to a 21p to help with top end rpm being to high. How will this affect my holeshot. Boat also has whale tail attached. It comes out of water great right now so I dont know if I want to pitch up or just keep throttle lowered below max rpm. Also what are some prop recommendation?

Boats prop also has the trimmed corners on it, looks wierd

Last edited:

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: performance expectations

If you can find a good prop shop,
you may be able to get the prop fixed. and perhaps get a little cup added
or a little pitch or both.
Changing to the same prop in a 21" could put you at about 4700.
Hole shot a little slower.perhaps a little more top speed.

1FASTLASER

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Jared .... The ballistic prop though a good one for certain applications is better off on a lower weight boat. In other words they do there best on lighter hulls. Like steel spike said your only looking at about a 400 rpm difference from the 19 to the 21 p. if it where mine I would try a couple of props before laying down the coin. There are several props that will perform better on your boat other than the ballistic

jaredmiller588

Recruit

Jared .... The ballistic prop though a good one for certain applications is better off on a lower weight boat. In other words they do there best on lighter hulls. Like steel spike said your only looking at about a 400 rpm difference from the 19 to the 21 p. if it where mine I would try a couple of props before laying down the coin. There are several props that will perform better on your boat other than the ballistic

Whattype of prop might you reccomend to reolace the ballistic. After this weekend I think im going to keep 19p but what might be better type or brand