Bad Trim Switch

viper1216

Chief Petty Officer
I found that my trim switch appears to bad. Trim will go down, and trailer works, but I have no up. Trim limit switch seems to be good. I took the switch out and messed with it a bit and got it to go up but VERY sporadic. I went to local marine store, but they said they don't carry and I need to go to manufacturer. It's on a Mercury Quick Silver throttle. Boat is an 88 so I'm assuming throttle handle is as well. It looks to me like just a regular 3 position switch...can I just match it up? They had some generic switches at the marine store...anything special that would require me to get a special switch?

Thanks

Last edited:

stevev22

Recruit
Re: Bad Trim Switch

I`m just working on all most the same problem. It goes down and trailers up but up button does not work I metered everything out and found switch OK than I jumped around the limits on the out drive and up/down works good. Now I`m trying to figure out how to get them working.

tav

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Bad Trim Switch

hey guys ....had the same problem on my rude 40 h.p 2 stk.....was on the lake and it was in the down pos. switched both fuse around and nothing...luckly there is a bleed screw so i could bring the motor up for trailering, had to replade the trim motor.....yea a few bucks later.