Volva Penta AQ225E

macrae

Cadet
Where can I find parts such as temperature sensor (in block), thermostat (the right one) and other parts.

macrae

Cadet
Volva Penta AQ225E

Where can I find parts for this engine including pitot tube, temperature sender, thermostat?

captmello

Captain
Re: Volva Penta AQ225E

right here on iboats. you just need to click on boat motor parts and follow it to the volvo parts. some parts you can get through napa if you want. they get sierra aftermarket stuff, so does iboats. but iboats is cheaper.

temp sender, #12, are you sure its bad?
Electrical Equipment And Instruments AQ225E - 7743320 - Volvo Penta

#35, thermostat
Cooling System AQ225E - 7743320 - Volvo Penta

Copy the oem part numbers and you can go to the VP aftermarket stuff and see if it cross references with any of the ones iboat carries.
Or simply buy the OEM part, you can't go wrong there.:)

macrae

Cadet

I am not sure that the ensor but on the water the temp gauge is not showing an increase in temperature after running for awhile? Any suggestions? Could it be the gauge?

Last edited:

possum2082

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I am not sure that the ensor but on the water the temp gauge is not showing an increase in temperature after running for awhile? Any suggestions? Could it be the gauge?

you need a lot more detail!

what engine? what is the running temp? is it the same on land as when you dunk it?

ONEGA

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Infrared thermometer is something which comes handy when troubleshooting this. They are inexpensive and nice to have.