Normal and max backlash of Commander 2000's fast idle and main levers

dandreye

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi All,

Both of mine play at least 30 degrees (probably closer to 45) before engaging and I suspect it's too much. What are the recommended, typical and max values resp?

Many thanks in advance,

Dmitriy

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Re: Normal and max backlash of Commander 2000's fast idle and main levers

A year or so ago I put in an new 2000. Fast idle is right on the money.....move it and the rpms change. Pulling all the way up to the highest idle speed is a bit variable, but the control is new and needs the edges worn off. Going down it is rock solid.

Single shift/throttle lever is designed for slop in the throttle giving time for the shifter mechanism to engage. So 30 degrees of movement of the handle with no speed increase is about right.

I bought mine here on iboats.

Want more, ask,
Mark

dandreye

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. Does fast idle lever backlash more often indicate worn (e.g. stretched beyond adjustable) throttle cable or worn 2000 itself? Just trying to figure out where to start from.

Thanks in advance,

Dmitriy

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. Does fast idle lever backlash more often indicate worn (e.g. stretched beyond adjustable) throttle cable or worn 2000 itself? Just trying to figure out where to start from.

Thanks in advance,

Dmitriy

Gut feel is worn 2000 as you only have 2 cables to the engine and the throttle cable is affected by fast idle and throttle lever.

Mark