Help with!! 85hp mercury thunderbolt manuals?

Nanie98

Recruit
Hello, I have recently gotten two 850 thunderbolts. I have been trying to find service and owners manuals for them. I haven't had much luck. Does anyone know where I can download a manual free for these outboards? It's getting close to end of season and we really want to get one good motor out of the two. They are both in very good shape and both will probably run and will when I go through them. We just need the manuals. I have looked around a bit and haven't even seen one forsale. I figure it's worth a shot as I have found free manual downloads before with other motors.
See we are trying to start a nonprofit with a sailing/boating program for disabled children and adults; thats why im trying for the free one as money is tight and i do all work myself. So i really need the manuals.
Thank you and any help is much appreciated.

matt167

Captain
Re: Help with!! 85hp mercury thunderbolt manuals?

You can find the chiltons and Seloc manuals for free on the internet if you look hard enough, but they are not worth the paper they are written on.

If you want cheap, the parts manual will show you how things go togther, and it's only about $5 from Oldmercs if you download.. What is it the motors need? Many of those suffer from faulty wiring that causes a no spark condition so you can just rebuild the harnesses as they are originally to fix that. Otherwise what, impeller change, carb rebuild? Fuel pump rebuild? If you need a link and sync procedure, you can probably gain enough info on the forums to get that done without a manual, tho I wouldn't do it without