Researching a new DC- a moving target

noclutch

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Dealers have informed me that a couple of the models (out of several) I am considering have been discontinued for 2014.
Key West 225 DC is being replaced with a 219 and 239, and Sea Fox 236 Traveler being replaced with 226.

Does anyone have specs/info or pics of these new models?? There probably aren't huge changes in the works with them, but who knows what the marketeers have told them they should do. (ie seems everything has a tower option these days LOL)

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral
Re: Researching a new DC- a moving target

Look at sea hunt, too.

chances are the changes are barely noticeable. usually the first two digits are the length in feet; the third digit is sometimes inches but not always, so a 212 might be a 21'2". But watch the boats with bow pulpits; it shouldn't count in the length but some sneaky boats do that.

But a change in a few inches at te very bow tip back to the transom might not mean many, if any , changes in the hull or interior (look for corresponding changes in beam).

So if you see a model you like on the water or in a showroom, then find one similar, don't sweat the difference. Boats are one of the few places where a couple inches don't matter.

noclutch

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Researching a new DC- a moving target

Thanks Homecookin! Yes Sea Hunt 234, Cobia 220, Proline 23 DC and Robalo "227" (21'... LOL) are on my list also. I'm particularly drawn to the ones with a transom door and fold up/down rear bench( the last 3) instead of step overs onto fixed seating, but could be swayed by things other than this. Though the Robalo may literally be the short man on totem pole, it just might be at the top of the heap for me, so far. Cost will of course play into things, and keeping it under 55-60K total and rolling off the lot and with 200-250 HP ( so the Pro Line and who else is out?)

So what I was really looking for are any other changes in SF or KW may be making to their liner or seating arrangement or other spec changes for 2014.

Last edited: