Looking for photos- MR 180 (Mariner) early 80's inside transom area

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
I recently picked up a 1981 MR 180 for a winter project, and I am in the planning stages.

Interior was completely gutted, but I think all the parts are there.

This model year had the 11" splash well that goes straight across, not the 24-29" splash well that was used on various models in the 70's.

Rear trim pieces that went under the splash well are not mounted, and I'm not sure where/how they go in.

I don't know if one of these pieces was used to create a battery compartment.

I also don't know if there was foam behind them. No residue, but there could have been blocks of foam.

There was expanded foam under the floor, and blocks of foam up under the gunnels.

Any help, or photos would be appreciated, as the brochure thread was a bust.

Also, any personal recommendations on a decent rivet gun for putting the floor supports, and floor in?

astor

2018's Starmada Splash Of The Year.
Re: Looking for photos- MR 180 (Mariner) early 80's inside transom area

any pictures of the boat as it sits? I have an 87 SS180 with plenty of pics if it helps.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Here is the stern area, with the side panels and 2 corner pieces set under the splash well.

As you can see, the splashwell is very different from the trapazoid shaped wells of the 70's

Also note the upper corners of the transom, they are exposed wood. All looks factory, but seems odd that they left this wood exposed.

0 mr5.jpg

Here is a side view of the 11" splash well.

0 mr6.jpg

Here is a mystery piece, doesn't seem to fit under the splash well, not wide enough to fill the center, and no evidence of mounting holes are found there. Also doesn't seem to fit in the bow area either.

0 mr2.jpg

Here is another mystery piece, about 16" square, no paint, thicker gauge than the other pieces. May not belong to the boat at all.

0 mr3.jpg

And here is the bow area. Current ideas are to remove the front "pods" and just have flat floor.

0 mr4.jpg

I love the center console driving position. And the ability to get around to all areas of the boat. But usually end up with a cooler placed along one side of the console,anyway, so am looking at widening the console, extending it to the port side, to provide storage, fuel tank, and battery locations.

All ideas, suggestions, and improvements are welcome.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

^^^^^^

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

that's not a bump...THIS is a bump:

Looks like a great rig rosco!

sorry that I can't be of much help with your SW design. I did pick-up a pneumatic blind rivet gun from HF (as well as a riveting hammer for solid rivets). Haven't used either of them so I really can't provide a credible endorsement...so beyond a thread bump, my reply is pretty useless :lol:

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

That's ^^ more like felonious assault :puke:

Jees, I just ate dinner....ugh

clearly the woman has no peripheral vision...how did she NOT see that coming :noidea:

scstar

Cadet

Looks like you have a jigsaw puzzle there

I am about to do the same with my Mariner - new deck, flotation foam, etc

Here are a couple pics - Minie is an 84 or 85

2013-09-17 13.23.17.jpg2013-09-17 13.25.03.jpg2013-09-17 13.21.38.jpg

barato2

Commander

hey SC--welcome to the horde. nice Mariner. start a thread on your boat, eh?