Rivera Runabout worth restoring?

riverguide

Recruit
Gentlemen,
I own a 1969 Pipestone Mariner trihull that I thought it needed a few items but discover the floor & stringers were shot. I followed directions from this site [thank you] but came across this Rivera boat in the same shape and don't know which would be the best investment.IMG_0015.jpgIMG_0015.jpg

I have a chance to buy this boat that has been stripped down and comes with no parts. The owners that have this purchased it that way. rivera frt.jpgrivera rear.jpg

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
riverguide

Last edited:

matt167

Captain
Re: Rivera Runabout worth restoring?

Top will be more versatile but harder to restore ( cradle will be more complex )

Bottom will be a bit more simple to restore, and possibly worth more. If I had to pick, I'd restore the bottom one.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

2 totally different style boats. What kind of boating do you want to do? How many people do you want to carry @ one time? I think those would be the deciding factors, IMHO.;)

riverguide

Recruit

Top will be more versatile but harder to restore ( cradle will be more complex )

Bottom will be a bit more simple to restore, and possibly worth more. If I had to pick, I'd restore the bottom one.

There asking 400. Plus 100. To get it and come back
Riverguide

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander

Tri huls are not as desirable generally speaking. The second boat has very desirable lines but has a very limited type of water to use it on. It really depends what you want to do with either one. To me, I would not do the tri hul, I would do the second one just because it's cool, and it will eventually sell when I get bored with it.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

If you plan on fishing the tri-hull for sure . If your trying to pic up chicks the other one . :D