Its raining... AGAIN.

Volphin

Lieutenant
This whole Summer has been a complete wash out! We are 20 inches above normal and all the dams are spilling water. Seriously, over the last 90 days, 80% of them rainy... and almost always on the weekends. Grrrrr.

It would be fine if I had a houseboat... probably soothing... but I don't, and I want to go boating! :(

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Its raining... AGAIN.

And I see you're sending it my way..............again. It's been the pits all summer down here too. But the lakes are full, if we could use them!

81 Checkmate

Lieutenant

Here tooooooo.

Not been a user freindly boating season!

GA_Boater

It got here a few minutes ago and looks like it threw out the anchor. :mad:

Volphin

Lieutenant

And I see you're sending it my way..............again. It's been the pits all summer down here too. But the lakes are full, if we could use them!

That's what y'all get for squakin about no water for the past 4 years... LOL Oh, and the TN river belongs to TN. Still. ;)

GA_Boater

Aw - Ya stole it. Wasn't it the GA river first? I shouldn't have kicked that boundary marker. :lol: It's time to stop issuing building permits in Atlanta and surrounding areas. BTW - I'm not complaining about no water, but I wouldn't mind doing a little of that now. :)

SWD

Petty Officer 1st Class

Feel for you bud! It was like that all spring up here until mid July......then finally summer arrived.....or at least part of it. Funny the moment you come home from a two week holiday that has been cool, you get two weeks of blistering heat. Oh well gotta make the most of it.....the lake and tubing are calling me on Sunday.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

I have been stuck directly under the jet stream thats causing this all summer, I may get one or two day of sun a week.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

The grass around here is brown and crisp....... The famine is kicking in, Robby.......:grumpy:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

And up here, (I'm about 100 miles from WIMusky ) it has been dry, not quite the drought conditions of 2012, but very dry and the crops are suffering.

Cold wet month of May, followed by 2.5 months of dry.

Today we had our 2nd t-storm of the year.

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member

... been wetter than normal over here too, but honestly it's been raining at VERY convenient times ...

... wait for it ...

... and then blowin' East. :peace:

agallant80

Commander

I have had many weekend plans on the boat go away due to rain. Its great weather nice blue skies today and I am planning on leaving work early Friday and taking the boat out. $50 says its going to rain and I will have to invoke plan B......

This has been kinda a crappy season.

aspeck

Staff member

Super wet May, June, and first week of July. Then hot and humid for a week, then autumn cool and dry for the last of July and August until Monday, when the A/C went out in the office and the temps went up to the upper 80's with humidity ... and they are telling me that it will take till the end of October to get the replacement geothermal heat pump! GRRRR! Could really use some rain now ...

Last edited:

colbyt

Master Chief Petty Officer

This whole Summer has been a complete wash out! We are 20 inches above normal and all the dams are spilling water. Seriously, over the last 90 days, 80% of them rainy... and almost always on the weekends. Grrrrr.

It would be fine if I had a houseboat... probably soothing... but I don't, and I want to go boating! :(

And you need to quit sending that crap north. As a new boat owner it is very frustrating.

At least I managed to determine that while not automatic my bilge pump works. Now if I only wipers for my glasses.

Cap'n Chaos

Petty Officer 1st Class

We are 9.52 inches above "normal" rainfall here. The water levels were so high in some places they've closed ramps on the Neuse River.

...and it rained earlier today...

Volphin

Lieutenant

... been wetter than normal over here too, but honestly it's been raining at VERY convenient times ...

... wait for it ...

... and then blowin' East. :peace:

That was uncalled for. LOL :)

More rain coming today! Woo Hoo! :(

southkogs

Staff member

That was uncalled for. LOL :)

More rain coming today! Woo Hoo! :(
:boink: Yeah, I did that on purpose. Usually we get it a little worse than y'all here in Middle TN, though my area in Murfreesboro is generally pretty easy going.

If it's any consolation, I'm headed to Charleston, SC this morning - should be raining there all weekend. :facepalm:

GA_Boater

I think the so-called forecasters lost the dart set. Calling for a 0% chance on Sunday and Monday. One is even saying three days. We'll see.