Connector Tee OEM Part Question

Parachute Adams

Seaman Apprentice
I have ordered a Faria Water Pressure Gauge for my Evinrude E70TLCRD (70HP, 1984).

I wish to keep the Tell-Tale by using a Connector-Tee at the Water-Jacket; sending tubing to gauge and tell-tale nipple.

My question is:

Can I use Connector-Tee - 0123553

I found it under the water pressure gauge kit for my engine model. I am unsure if it will thread into the water jacket; I am assuming it will though.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
WD

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: Connector Tee OEM Part Question

In the past I have just cut the line to the tell-tale, installed a tee for the pressure guage.

Parachute Adams

Seaman Apprentice

Cutting Tell-Tale line and adding the T-Connector does sound like the way to go and I will use this method.

Thanks

Do you advise that I use the mentioned part above?

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

If it will work, I just used a plastic tee that that I got at the auto parts store, probably cheaper.

Parachute Adams

Seaman Apprentice

Understood.

I will check stores out first; order part if needed.

I greatly appreciate your help.

Do you know much regarding tachometers? Setting up new Faria Tachometer (checking system before a final install) and the needle on the Tach registers (moves from rest to 0 RPM) but Tach does not register with engine on. So it receives power but no signal.

What are your thoughts (if any)?

I went ahead and ordered parts to create a new harness to plug into ampheral (sp?) plug at remote control.

I also ordered a new rectifier. I didn't test rectifier, just assuming its faulty. Do you think that the rectifier is the culprit?

I am having my thermostat and water pump replaced next week and told them to install the rectifier too. Should I have them test the stator?

thanks for the help