how can a BUSINESS engaged in rebuilding.....

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
outboard motors make such stupid claims??and think they are pulling the wool over our eyes!!!! for anyone remotely familiar with these style motors knows.... there is way more different between the different HP models than stupid carbs! they even sell the heads for the 90 hp and the 115 hp and call them interchangeable!!!!!!!!! yeah they BOLT on, but that's it. the combustion chamber between the 90 and 115 hp is about .080" different!!!( the 90 has a deeper chamber).plus the blocks have much different exhaust and intake port configuration!!! you cant use a 115 hp block and slap 90 hp carbs on....well I guess you CAN..... but they are not made to work together. the 90HP and 115 hp motors have different carbs, heads and porting!!! Johnson V4 60 Degree Power Head 90 105 115 HP Mint 1 yr Warranty | eBay

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Re: how can a BUSINESS engaged in rebuilding.....

Sorta shows what they know doesn't it Bob?

---------------------------------
Edited 08/21/13

I took your post to be speaking about cylinder heads. Now that I have time, I traveled thru your hyperlink to find you're speaking of complete powerheads.

Where in your post does it state they're in New York? The ad states Mount Dora, Florida,

You sound pretty upset Bob... is your powerhead blown?

Last edited:

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Agree + 2.......... Bob, where are they located at ??

Last edited:

AviatorJim

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Looks like they will provide any of the three powerheads that you want for that price. Pretty common on Ebay for stuff like that. There are a lot of auto parts where you buy it, tell them what it needs to fit, and they send what you want.
-Jim

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

Probably use them Siezco pistons tooo!!!