two teens...different skis?

Kids are getting pretty good and it might be time to move up from the HO sportmart skiis. 17 yo son is 5'9' 150 and still growing. Will max out at 6'0' and 175? 15 yo daughter is 5'2' 110 and is done growing. Son is the stronger skier. Can they use the same ski? Any suggestions what ski to look at and from where?

Last edited:

oldjeep

Admiral
Re: two teens...different skis?

Best bet would be to look at the sizing chart for the skis you are thinking of. 110 - 150 crosses some size boundaries. My 6ft 1 155lb son uses my 67" Senate and my 69" Evidence, the 69 is way big for him and you can tell when he is on it.

Another question will be foot size. As you get into a decent binding they are no longer one size fits all and I suspect the girl has much smaller feet.

I'd be looking online at previous year closeout skis or on ski-it -again at used skis.
SKI-IT-AGAIN.COM

can anybody recommend a intermediate/advance ski? And what are the thoughts on these lace up bindings? thanx

oldjeep

Admiral

Nothing specific. Go to Radar, Obrien, Connolley, HO websites and pick a ski in the middle of the range - then go a year or 2 back to save some money.

As for the lace up bindings - which ones are you specifically talking about?

Picked up a HO Triumph, NEW, on ebay for $129 including bindings. Graphics are messed up and its the smallest size and bindings so limited buyers. Thats for the girl-child. Still looking for son.

Bindings....I had no idea we have moved past the "slide" bindings! Anything to look out for in newer bindings? Saw a pair that had laces on the heel....thinking that would be awkward.

Last edited:

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The HO Basis ones with the laces are great. Much easier to get in than an high wrap, with good support. You don't tie the laces, you pull them tight. Skis have now borrowed this style binding from the wakeboard. They are great.

Cant wait to get ski for son. Cause after his first run might be my 2nd run in 20 years.

oldjeep

Admiral

The HO Basis ones with the laces are great. Much easier to get in than an high wrap, with good support. You don't tie the laces, you pull them tight. Skis have now borrowed this style binding from the wakeboard. They are great.

Ah - that is what he meant by laces. I'm a fan of the 2012 and up Connelly Sidewinders (the older ones are dangerous). They have a drop back and the pull laces, makes getting into the boot super easy.

oldjeep

Admiral

Picked up a HO Triumph, NEW, on ebay for $129 including bindings. Graphics are messed up and its the smallest size and bindings so limited buyers. Thats for the girl-child. Still looking for son.

You would need to put a front boot on this, but $100 is a good deal for the ski and toe loop. I've got a 69" version of this ski - good all round freeski. He would be on the lower end for a 67, but in the range

SKI-IT-AGAIN.COM