Need help find the correct coil!!!

Jeffvador

Cadet
I recently gained owner ship of a Mercury 2 stoke outboard. It's painted camo so I have no idea the hp. Anyway i need to replace the coil but can't find my correct part. I've searched using the part number printed on the coil and I've tried using the Serial # on the motor but the serial # doesnt shop up on any web site. The part number on the part is MA-30325. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!!! Here's a couple pics.motor coil.jpgmotor.jpg

carholme

Rear Admiral
Re: Need help find the correct coil!!!

If you have the s/n, what is it and how many cylinders?

Gerry

Last edited:

carholme

Rear Admiral
Last edited:

Jeffvador

Cadet

Jeffvador

Cadet

Is there some sort of page with all the "specs" on it? Such as timing?

Jeffvador

Cadet

My main problem is after I got the motor running after being locked, because or rust from setting all winter and spring. My brother came over to check it out and said these two wires hanging off it an electric starter, keep in mind he knows nothing about mechanics. I didnt think to look for a starter first, stupid me! I hooked a battery up the wires then took it off after nothing happened. Took to motor to my step dads to install on his boat. I hooked up a gas tank but we were never able to get it to start. I dont think its getting spark. I stuck a screw driver in the plug wire and grounded it on the engine but nothing happened, did the same thing with the spark plug. Im wondering if I fried the coil. My step dad hooked a multi-meter to the two wires I earlier hooked the battery to, btw they two wires are coming from the coil. Anyways when I pulled the rope we got all kinds of readings, so he and his brother think the coil is still good, just need to set the timing back into spec. Any thoughts on this.

Jeffvador

Cadet

Is there a way I can set the timing on my engine with it being a 1 cylinder? Bc im not getting any spark.