79 75 hp blown head gasket

57 7.5

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have a 79 75 hp Chrysler model number 757H9E. I have been working on this motor and boat for a couple of weeks finally thought I had it ready to go and long story short the #1 & 2 cylinders had 0 compression. I read some threads on here and most all said check the head gasket and I did. It was blown between #1 & 2, last year the owner had a compression check and it was 150 on all three, had fuel pump rebuilt, carbs rebuilt, new fuel lines though out, impeller replaced and lower unit oil changed out. I've drained the fuel and emptied the carbs and refueled with fresh gas and oil mixture (50:1) and replaced the bulb (seemed like it was old and thought it as one symptoms I had early on). So I checked the pistons, they look fine, #3 has some carbon the other 2 look great. The cylinder walls look fine no damage there. Should I look for anything else before I put it back together? Is there anything i can do to #3 carbon without harming anything and what is causing it. I don't have a book yet, waiting for the mailman. Also is there a certain bolt pattern to follow when tightening and anyone know the torque specs for the bolts. They were all very easy to break loose. Do you have to put any sealant on the motor or gasket? Seems there were none when this was last done (paint on bolts was broken free or missing) so looks like someone has been in there before, maybe a rebuild or blown head gasket before.

Thanks for any help!