79 Glastron # of batteries

renuer

Recruit
Does anyone know if the 79 Glastron HPV-160 bass boat requires 3 batteries? Ijust purchased this and an proceeding to get it operational again. It currently has 3 junker batteries in it. I know one is cranking which is behind the drivers seat.One or both of the others on the passenger side is for trolling motor. My question is could the rig operate on 2 batteries or must it have 3? Thanks in advance to all who can help.

mippel

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 79 Glastron # of batteries

Does anyone know if the 79 Glastron HPV-160 bass boat requires 3 batteries? Ijust purchased this and an proceeding to get it operational again. It currently has 3 junker batteries in it. I know one is cranking which is behind the drivers seat.One or both of the others on the passenger side is for trolling motor. My question is could the rig operate on 2 batteries or must it have 3? Thanks in advance to all who can help.

It depends what volt the trolling motor is. If it is a 12 volt, then one extra. If it is a 24 volt, then you will need 2.

renuer

Recruit

Hey Mike The trolling motor is 24v so my next question is does the outboard charging system charge these two extra batteries? Also if one was to get an onboard charger what would be required? I am really dumb when it comes to electrical systems. Thanks for your info.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

No, the onboard system does not charge the batteries. It barely charges the starting battery! You need a 2 bank battery charger.