Correct Thrust Washer?

SEGAangler

Seaman
I have a 1984 Evinrude 150 and an OMC prop (p/n: 391202). I can find cross references on what thrust washer and/or hub to get for numerous replacement props (different brands) but no solid answer on the correct washer for this prop & engine combination. I've noticed that different props use different washers; any information on where to find this info or where to order the correct one?

*My local marine shop seems either unknowledgable about props or uninterested in helping for such a small sale.

phillnjack2

Ensign
Re: Correct Thrust Washer?

if the prop is an original omc prop (and part number shows this is the case)then use the original thrust washer from
omc that you use with your engine.
the original OMC thrust washer fits all the OMC props apart from the realy special ones.

i have a omc silver streak 13 3/4 x 23 , everyone kept telling me i had to have a special thrust washer blah blah blah.
so i asked at brp dealer he said they dont make them any more, so i get in touch with BRP factory, they didnt have a clue.
Then i talk to a guy who not only had seen these props, but worked at OMC when they were made and gave me the part number
for the thrust washer.
its the very same thrust washer used on omc 3 cylinder and v4 engines, nothing special at all.

now the thrust washer just has to fit the shaft correctly, this the OMC standard ones do very nicely.
The the other side just has to lay flat and fit the props hub, if it does this and the prop is not hitting the gearbox then its perfect
to just go ahead and use it.
OMC thrust washer's fit OMC engines better than anyone else's thrust washers,

the part number for your prop shows it to be a 14 1/4 x 21, and its just a standard alloy prop,so use the stand thrust washer and all should be just perfect.
my thrust washer even works perfect like i say with a over hub prop and all my other ordinary type alloys and stainless stuff.

your normal everyday thrust washer will fit this prop and engine just fine.

hope this helps.

phill

SEGAangler

Seaman
Re: Correct Thrust Washer?

Thank you Phill. Standard is simple; that's my style!