1986 rinker v205 cuddy cabin leaking fuel from starboard side

RJAragon

Recruit
We just bought this used boat, have filled it previously, and had a mechanic do some sealing work on the exterior of the boat. He had to pull the outside part of the motor to determine where we were getting water in our bilges.

I went to put fuel in the tank, having done this previously with no adverse results, until my better half told me to stop. She could see fuel leaking out of the starboard side. When I got in the boat, I went to the cuddy cabin and found a hose that linked to that (vent). I see that it is the original hose from 1985. I do not understand why it would be letting fuel out of that vent. What do I need to do to fix this? What is this hose exactly? I guess I will have to pull the hose with a stringer if I need to replace it. I am going to go out and take a closer look, I could and would appreciate any advice and help you all can give.

Thanks
Ron:confused:

Last edited:

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Re: 1986 rinker v205 cuddy cabin leaking fuel from starboard side

Thats the vent line from the fuel tank. It was leaking inside the boat?,time to replace ALL the fuel lines.
Grub

RJAragon

Recruit

No it was leaking from the outside of the boat. Since I have posted this, I spoke to my neighbor and took another look. I believe (please correct me if I am wrong) that it is an vent hose and that the tank is overfull or very close to it, and it has served its purpose. There was no fuel leaking in the boat.

Thank you for your answer, much appreciated.:)

s1120

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have the same boat, and its always been a bear to fill with fuel!!!!! Lots of gurgling, and splash back, and venting issues. Now its apart with rotted floors, and found all sorts of dips, and kinks in the vent hose when it was glassed/foamed in under the floor. I am planning a full revamp on the tank/fill/venting if I ever get around to fixing this boat.