replacing shift bellows and need ling to mercruiser genuine manuel

Gleason

Recruit
I have not done much more than to replace the spark plugs and wires on a car. As far as it goes so I need a lot of help. Read that there was a Mercruiser 'genuine' manual through past threads after I had already bought the Seloc version. So if that would help I would get that, just need the where... Its a mid 70's 140 I/O. I need to replace the shift cable bellows because it is taking in water there. The boat needs some other engine work but just had a tune up about three months ago. THis was by my regular mechanic and it was running. Now I cant get it to start cause it was sitting several months in the sun... Before the tune up for two years sitting then I bought it. Mechanic is unwilling to replace the bellows because of the time expanse of the project. So I decided to take it on. With help hopefully from you.

Also I was wondering if I needed to take the other bellows apart if I just replace the shift one. They look alright but I haven't taken the stern drive off or the bellow housing to see it.

Thanks.

Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member
Re: replacing shift bellows and need ling to mercruiser genuine manuel

Welcome to iboats

Need to have a look in the Adults Only section at the top of this section. It has all kinds of info to help. After reviewing lets us know if additional info is needed to help accomplish the task. Here is the link to the Merc section, the rest is one level up

http://forums.iboats.com/mercruiser...cellaneous-mercruiser-information-329915.html