Smartcraft monitor on 2010 30hp 4 stroke

belairbrian

Petty Officer 1st Class
According to the quicksilver catalog the SC1000 should work on 30-60hp 4 strokes. But can't find documentation on what data it will display

I would like to install the square display (part # 79-879896-K10).

I already have an analog tach connected to the existing harness.

I think I just need the display and the correct length blue harness.

So will this work?

S/N OR316495

Fun Times

Staff member
Re: Smartcraft monitor on 2010 30hp 4 stroke

Hi there, since you have a newer EFI engine, it should be pretty easy to add smartcraft to your engine model.:)

Just so you're aware, looking up part number 79-879896-K10 is showing to be obsolete. But here are some replacements,
79-879896-K10 | eBay

The easiest way is to get a single gauge like the model you're thinking about (SC1000 Monitor Kit) or the newest one out on the market that would look a little more modern since you have a newer engine would be the MercMonitor seen below,

MercMonitor | Mercury Marine
SMARTCRAFT/MERC MONITORS

For easy installation, You would use a blue data harness with resistors on both ends of the cable like part number 84-879982T20 for example,
Mercury 84 879982T20 Smartcraft 20 ft Boat Data Harness for All Fourstroke | eBay

The last two numbers of the part number such as 20 is supposed to be the cable length but be careful as I have seen in the past that is not always the case.:facepalm:

Now if you're going to add more smartcraft gauges in the future then the harness you would want to find should have just one or no resistors on the cable and instead you would need to by smartcraft junction boxes with terminal resistors at one or both sides depending on what harness you buy.

Hope this helps, Good luck.:)

belairbrian

Petty Officer 1st Class

I pulled the side console off and unless it's hidden the motor does not have a connector for connecting smartcraft components.

So unless I can figure out where this connects i won't be installing anything

Which is odd since the quicksilver catalog shows SC1000 components are compatible

Here is an example from the catalog
sc1000 tach.JPG

Fun Times

Staff member

The connector is most likely there on the engine. Look for a 10 pin connector with a cover on it, there should be only 5 wires going into it from what I can tell of the old 2001 service manual.

The wire colors should be,
1) Red
2) Black
3) Purple
4) White
5) Blue

See the three sections of page 8-7 through 8-9. The last two page numbers are not listed/shown.

http://1manual.com/Mercury manuals/Service Manual PDFs/FourStroke/883064/8.pdf

Good luck.:)