how to drain baitwell in 2203C

derry

Recruit
I have a 2010 2203C that I truly love. However nor tech manuals were ever available for plumbing and electric. To keep the baitwell dry I must close off a lg qtr turn valve in the access hatch just in front of the motor or the well fills to water level of hull in water. I can fill it and keep bait alive by flipping on the baitwell pump. However once filled the only way I can find to drain it is open the qtr turn valve while the boat is on a trailer or manually bail it out. This seems crazy so I am wondering if I am missing something. Thanks!

slowolf

Cadet
Re: how to drain baitwell in 2203C

On my 2052, you simply pull out the standpipe located in the baitwell and the water will drain out the side of the boat. The standpipe is the plastic vertical pipe that is seated in the rubber gasket at the bottom of the baitwell. If you want to fill the baitwell, put the standpipe back in, open the intake valve in the access hatch while the boat is in the water and turn on the baitwell pump. Close the intake valve in the access hatch and turn off the baitwell well pump if you don't want water in there.

Last edited:

slowolf

Cadet
Re: how to drain baitwell in 2203C

Not sure if the 2103C is similar to your 2203, but the manual for that is online and has info on electrical and plumbing. Might help you out...Bayliner Supplements