Lowrance HDS 7 map question

Hey all -

A buddy of mine has been super duper helpful to me with getting my boat restored and up and running. To thank him, my girlfriend and I decided to help him out, and buy him a chart upgrade for his Lowrance HDS 7. I ordered it, and after the runaround that we got from the company we ordered the card from, 3 weeks later it arrived. I met him down at the dock and offered to load the charts up. Upon popping the card in, the chart data that was on there disappears. It says "Loading Charts..." and when it goes away, the screen shows the GPS Cursor, with just a white background. All of his waypoints and wreck data shows up, but its overlaid on a white background, nothing more. When I pop the card out, it restores the original chart data. Is there an import option I am missing, or a chart install button or something? No matter what the zoom is, it still shows a white background, with course and waypoint data, nothing else. It can be zoomed into 20 ft or 100nm, no difference. Any ideas?

FYI: this is the map set we bought for him. Navico: NAUTIC INSIGHT HD EAST 2013

From the page itself:

Works with:

B&G: Zeus

Lowrance: HDS, HDS GEN2, HDS GEN2 TOUCH, & ELITE-7

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Lowrance HDS 7 map question

Have all the updates been done to the HDS?

JoLin

Vice Admiral

I agree - make sure the unit has been updated. I did mine a couple months ago via the Lowrance website. You drop the upgrade (if it needs one) onto a SDE card and load it to the unit. And yes, there is an option to import data from an external card. Unfortunately, I don't have my HDS-7 right in front of me, but...

Use the PAGES button to flip to the page that has Waypoints and Routes as the first menu option
The last option on that page... says something about system or data... or something like that
Scroll down and select that, and there are options to import data from an external card.

It's in the manual, too. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

I'm about to run the update now and see if it needs it/takes. Just pulled in, was going to do it that minute, but then the peanut bunker started jumping and we spent a while netting some.

update: It worked! Turns out he was a few versions behind. Ran the update and it's working beautifully! Thank you all for your help!

Last edited: