4.3 V6 cam retainer

GAMAYBERRY

Cadet
I am rebuilding a MerCruiser 4.3 V6 and the cam retainer plate was put on previously by someone with a strongarm instead of a proper torque, so I now need to replace it. I'm having a hard time finding one online, and no local stores can even find it listed. Any help would be great!! Thanks in advance!

Volphin

Lieutenant
Re: 4.3 V6 cam retainer

I am rebuilding a MerCruiser 4.3 V6 and the cam retainer plate was put on previously by someone with a strongarm instead of a proper torque, so I now need to replace it. I'm having a hard time finding one online, and no local stores can even find it listed. Any help would be great!! Thanks in advance!

Does your engine have an intermediate shaft? I think I have one for a non balance shaft motor just laying around from my repower...

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... The 4.3l has change quite alot over the years,...

Yer gonna need to shop, usin' the Serial numbers, 'n the castin' numbers from the block,...

GAMAYBERRY

Cadet

Does your engine have an intermediate shaft? I think I have one for a non balance shaft motor just laying around from my repower...

It is non-balance. The balance shaft plates have 4 grooves right?

Volphin

Lieutenant

This what you need?

Attachments

• IMG_1424.JPG
    IMG_1424.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1422.JPG
    IMG_1422.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1423.JPG
    IMG_1423.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 0

GAMAYBERRY

Cadet

That is exactly what I need, but I did find it online yesterday finally! Thank you so much for trying!! I will remember you for sure when I am on another wild goose chase since you seem to have all the geese in hiding! :laugh: