Motor is out, need to do some tune up stuff, need tips

White90GT

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm having a shop do the transom rebuild on our Chris Craft and had the adjacent boat mechanic shop pull the motor for me. If the boat were shaped differently around the motor, I might have tackled the job myself, but I'm a bit too big myself to get in around the motor and unbolt everything and get it out. Plus the quote I got was $500 for motor removal/reinstall and $800 for the transom rebuild, so that sounds very cheap and the shop is 5 minutes from my house so I can keep an eye on progress. It's going slow, but it is finally in the shop and I picked up the motor and brought it home after they pulled it.

Long story longer, I brought the motor home so I could do some basic cleanup and tune up items while it was out of the boat.

On the list to replace:
Seawater impellar
Fuel filter
Spark Plugs
Plug Wires
Oil Change
Thermostat
Cap/Rotor?
Exhaust riser rubber boots
V-belts on accessories

The boat is a 97 Chris Craft and I believe motor is a 96 Vortec 4.3 (volvo penta SX Cobra outdrive).
My question is I'm not sure on part numbers for all the above stuff. I was wondering if anyone may have a good database of part numbers for this motor I can search, or provide me some numbers. I will start pulling things off this week, but would like to get stuff ordered ASAP so it will get here. I'm assuming Iboats is going to have the best prices available for these parts online.

skydiveD30571

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Motor is out, need to do some tune up stuff, need tips

You'll need the serial number or the letters after the "4.3" to determine which model you have. Once you have that, you can go to the Volvo Penta Store and get exploded diagrams of everything you need. I also cross reference with here just to be sure.

White90GT

Petty Officer 2nd Class

432BPLKD
T01298087

Do those sound right?

Transom assembly mod 3868413, ser T00371697
Drive Unit Mod 3868389 SER T00810400

nitwhit

Seaman

Here is a link to your engine parts from the iboats store Parts

You will need the model # and ratio off of the silver plate on your outdrive (SX-??) to look up parts for it. I'd also recommend the drive bellows if you don't know when they were last changed. The shop may be including most of that (bellows, gimbal, etc.) with the transom rebuild though so check first.

Technologic80

Seaman

I have a 97 Volvo Penta 4.3 and my engine designation is 43FBPLKD... Ive never heard of 432FBPLKD.

Also, if you google "43FBPLKD" you will find many GREAT free easy to access parts lists ;)