Yesterday, sure turned out crappy!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Had a great day going, went to town to pick up some parts for my new 5th wheel hitch I am installing and on the way home one of my neighbors(a good friend) dog runs out in front of me and I hit her, didn't kill her, but they had to amputate her right rear leg, talk about an upsetting situation, as you see I love dogs, that is why I have one as my avatar, this just sucks!

:blue:

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Re: Yesterday, sure turned out crappy!

YUP, that sucks.
We as pet owners take our chances by letting our pets off chain/or not confined to the back yard ETC.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

Where we live, nobody keeps their dogs on chains, we live way up in the woods, but he told me for some reason, she has started chasing cars that run by the house and to top it off, it is a 90 degree blind corner! Just puts a real bummer on things.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral

Almost had my sons dog hit yesterday,got loose-ran right to the highway,luckyily driver stopped for him,some don't. That would have made my day stink. Hope your neighbors dog recovers ok.:blue:
Grub

this may sound cruel but a dog is not human they do not live in the past and dwell on what could have been. I know we class them as humans but in reality they work on more basic ideas of food, play, sleep, etc. With in a few months you will be surprised how fast and how happy a dog can be on three legs. The dog may hate/fear your truck but if you buy him a juicy treat he will not hold it against you.
Never good when you hit a pet and you fell the pain of the animal and the owner but it happens.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

That's a total bummer.