zaina boat purchase requiers service

zaina

Recruit
Dear All,Hi i am brand new even to boating i am about to buy a 2004 rinker 310 fiesta vee twin 5.0 mpi mercs 89 hrs each surveyor says they should service them and outdrives first can anyone give the cost of the above at a mercruiser dealer ?
thanks for replys i am sure i will have many more questions please be patient with me Thanks

Fun Times

Staff member
Re: zaina boat purchase requiers service

Hi there, What area do you live in?

At a Mercruiser dealership, You're probably realistically looking at between 4-6 hours labor per engine while some shops may go as high as 7 hours to do everything to the engine package including sea water pump impellers and that's if everything goes smoothly with easy access.

Labor rate could be anywhere between $85.00 to $130.00 an hour with $100.00 being an average.

Depending on what new common parts are installed on your engine model, that could be as high as almost $400.00 per engine especially if you buy new spark plugs for your engine model at a Mercruiser dealer vs buying them elsewhere.

PS, So you're aware, it looks like you posted this in the wrong forum section and most likely it's going to be moved to another forum section.;)

Last edited:

zaina

Recruit
Re: zaina boat purchase requiers service

Thanks Luitenant actually the boat is being bought in venice FL and shipping to Bahrain (nightmare) the marina dealer quotes $800 per engine including outdrives if i tried hear it would probably be a problem and at least its a mercruiser dealer i dont think i have much choice which they are aware of i just didnt want them to think HEY THIS ONES PAYING OUT!!!! p.s which section should i post on if you dont mind regards Zaina