CMF Boats

Broseidon

Cadet
Been lurking for a while, picked up a 13' Tri-Hull CMF for 200 bucks the other day, haven't been able to find out much about them, one member had said he believed CMF used to be a local Charleston company but I can't find anything on that. Wondering if any other users on here had CMF's... If so post 'em up!

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: CMF Boats

Does it have a HIN on the transom? Or maybe too old?

Willyclay

Captain

The first three alpha characters of the HIN are called the Manufacturers Identification Code (MIC) and can be entered into the USCG-maintained database to determine who built your boat. I will post a link to the USCG site later. Good luck!

EDIT: http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/mic1.aspx

Last edited:

Broseidon

Cadet

The first three alpha characters of the HIN are called the Manufacturers Identification Code (MIC) and can be entered into the USCG-maintained database to determine who built your boat. I will post a link to the USCG site later. Good luck!

EDIT: Manufacturers Identification Code (MIC) Database

Awesome thanks! Confirmed built in Goose Creek SC. Now time to fix this baby up and get her back in the waters she was born in!

Willyclay

Captain

Glad to help. Would you mind posting the MIC in case someone else searches for that info in the future?

jdpber

Recruit

I just got a CMF 14 1979 over the weekend 2 days ago. From a buddy of mine. I know nothing about it. Looking forward to any info that you may share.

Willyclay

Captain

Thanks for posting the info. Nice work on painting the boat. Don't catch ALL the fish!