1997 Force 120 High Idle racing

fishngolf

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi Guys,

I have a 1997 Force 120 that is racing at idle. I ran it a few times in the beginning of the year with no issues. After July 4th I wasn't able to use it for a month until last weekend. I started it up on muffs and it ran good just high rpms at idle. Didn't think much about it. Took it to the lake ran it for a good for a bit pulling a tube no problems. Went out today to start on miffs once again and the idle is still very high. It used to idle at 1200 rpm on muffs. Now it is racing at about 2000 rpms. I tried to do a de-carb today as I though maybe on of the carburetors got gummed up after sitting for a month. No luck still racing at about 2000 rpms. I dont think the idle screw has moved but cant seem to figure this out. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

foodfisher

Captain
Re: 1997 Force 120 High Idle racing

Don't think. Know. Try backing off on the idle adjustment screw and see if that's the problem.

fishngolf

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 1997 Force 120 High Idle racing

I went out right after I made the post and sure enough the idle screw and bolt were completely backed out. I must not have had the nut tight. The vibrations moved it all the way out. Made the adjustment but it was to late to start it up and find out for sure. Thanks for the help.