82 merc 115 wont trim up

Im in trouble now. after unsuccessfully trying to wire in a 5pin tachometer harness to more than likely the wrong style tach. I was going to take my 5 year old fishing. no go. motor would not trim up. i just get a clicking noise. pump sounds like it will work if i push he button down. but cant make it to the lake without transom saver on. thought it was just the battery but after charging it. and also running the boat in driveway motor still will not trim up. so not the battery. trim pump also only has one solenoid and pump does not have any markings for me to try and even order new solenoid if that is the problem. any help greatly appreciated. This has happened before but was always low battery. not the case this time had battery charger on it and tried it with my jump pack.

Re: 82 merc 115 wont trim up

After jumping from site to site researching. I tried jumping the red wire or also the hot wire on the trim pump to the blue wire and had my son trim the motor up, and it went up i also had him push it down and it went down. Not exactly what this means. Possibly a switch? but what switch is it? and where? Also if I dont feel like messing with it can I just run a jumper wire between the two? or is this going to cause some serious damge later on. Thank you.