Rotten Deck?

NickMcCabe

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Walking around my recently purchased boat and I believe the deck may be rotten. It gives a slight amount but I am somewhat heavy (210). Does this likely mean the deck has to be replaced?

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
Re: Rotten Deck?

Probably.

Post pics and more data on your boat for us.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

A picture is worth a thousand words and if you could, what's the low down on the boat? Make, model, year, motor and condition of the interior?

NickMcCabe

Petty Officer 2nd Class

1980 Beachcraft 16' Trihull bowrider. Motor is 50 hp Johnson that I just unseized and got running. Interior is good except for cracking and sun damage to the vinyl. I believe the boat spent most of it's life in Southern California (little rain).

jbcurt00

Staff member

Nick
You probably should decide which thread you'd like to keep active as a resto thread, and ask a MOD to condense the other 2 into that 1 main resto thread.

Newbie Questions About Project Boat
^^^ seems to be the most resto related info & had the most responses

but:

Newbie Restoring 1980 Beachcraft 16' Bowrider
^^^ titled as a resto thread, but ended on trying to unsieze the OB....

When you get pix posted, and begin the resto, it will be a huge help to have ALL the info related to your resto in 1 place. This helps anyone posting to your thread to have access to ALL the pix & info. To see what's been demo'd and how you got to where you are when you ask a question.

Specific OB questions can often be best answered in the correct OB forum.

You'll also get to stop answering the same 'What boat? Details?' etc questions. You'll have already answered those questions, so someone replying can answer your question, rather then ask you questions.

For the rotten deck questions & your weight, it may or may not be rotten. The details you posted in the other thread, that indicated to me that there may be an overlaid deck, would be helpful here. And as suggested in that thread by me & others, as well as here above, it'll take some pix to help access your deck's condition.

Although, if you're here, asking questions, there's something already telling you that the deck & below deck structure is likely to be compromised.....

jbcurt00

Staff member

You are free to start & post as many threads as you deem fit

It will likely be more helpful to keep 1 main thread.