90hp force will only start in forward and reverse

Bteam

Recruit
1990 force 90hp spectrum boat will only start in forward or reverse. in neutral it only turns over but will not start. Heres the story:

A few weeks ago i towed a boat in at low speeds. during the tow i tried to give it more gas but throttle arm went forward with out responding appropriately, just ran slow. Afterwards i went out and the boat would no longer run. No good dead goes unpunished. previously it would start in neutral and run fine. When i got the boat home i had to replace the impeller. Upon starting i had to crank and finally put it in forward to get the motor to start. it will start in forward and increase in speed with extension of the throttle. I have been messing with it all week and here is what i have done with no results.

-changed plugs
-new plug boot on #2
-cleaned out the carb bowls
-cleaned out fuel pump diaphragm
-cleaned out fuel filter and added a fuel filter
-new fuel hoses
-moved neutral safety switch to be pressed when throttle is in neutral. wont start but was previously jumped (both wires on same terminal at switch) after placing as it should i returned it to jumped at same terminal as it had originally ran but still wont start in neutral.
-cleaned all terminals at key switch and lubed
-took apart throttle control arm and replaced nuts that came off. cleaned and lubed all

any assistance would be greatly appreciated as it is beautiful out side and family wants to go to the lake...

Bteam

Recruit
Re: 90hp force will only start in forward and reverse

I increased idle speed and now starts in neutral and goes to rev & forward without issues. Hope this solves it