Fuel fitting

ArneA

Seaman
1956 Johnson AD10M 7.5hp.
About 8 months ago I reconditioned this motor and sent the male fuel fitting to someone in the club to have it rebuilt with new o-rings. I have forgotten who it was now but that is not important. I have started the motor twice now and when disconnecting the fuel line, the fuel drains back out of the male connection and spills over the motor. Evidently the spring and plunger does not seat well to the o-ring. I would like to know where I can obtain a good male connector for this motor. Any help is appreciated . thank you.
Arne

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Fuel fitting

I think I may be the guy that repaired your fuel connector (female hose side). So now you are speaking of the male motor side, the part that stays with the motor when unplugged? Sorry, but there are no check valves in that part and it will spill a bit of gas when you unplug it. That's just the nature of the beast and nothing can be done about it. A brand new one would do the same thing.

ArneA

Seaman
Re: Fuel fitting

Thanks for the information..Looking at your post, I think that you are the person that did repair my fitting. The side that you repaired works fine. If I unscrewed the tank cap and let the pressure out of the tank before disconnecting the fittings, then let the engine run out of gas before disconnecting the fitting, do you think that would diminish the amount of fuel spill. I am guessing that the male fitting spits out 2 to 3 tablespoons of fuel when I disconnect it. And, thank you for writing back to address my problem. .