1980s mercury 115 unsolveable problem electrical

95seadoospi

Recruit
I havea1980s mercury. 115ihave at the houseihavebeen working on.mind youiamexceptional at machanic work I would say I. Have ran tests on every possibal thing I keep blowing starter solionoids over and over I tested battery its at 13.9 deep cell marine battery.stators putting out correct power checked grounnds and continuity is fine I turn the key and it works fine I try it a second time it blows the soilonoid any suggestions would be excellent I don't mind starting from scratch and givinng you readings on the motor I don't care how wild a suggesstionn ill try anything im stumped and I don't normaly give upplease help if you truely know what may be the problem feal free to call me at work from 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Saturday eastern standard time e. Mail for contact information..nick.bell11@gmail.com.or simply reply here.thank you all.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1980s mercury 115 unsolveable problem electrical

Is the starter dragging? When it blows does it just click? Have you checked amp draw on starter?

95seadoospi

Recruit

I havent checked amp draw on the starter im a little fuzzy at how i would check how much amps its drawing i know how to check how manu amps something holding but not drawing and yes when i try the key again the soilonoid clicks but verry faint clicking noy like a ded battery refreshy knowlage on jow to test what the starters drawing for amps i suck with anything becides volts and ohms with my tester.i dont usualy test amps on stuff it sometimes makes things hard on me .but im 98 percent sure ots a new starter.would a bad voltage regulator do that

95seadoospi

Recruit

But when i jump rhe soilonoid it turns great. But wont start good clean carbs getting fuel only a pop every now and then would a rectafier cause this and what does a rectafier actually do seems to have fire for what i can tell it jumps a 3/8 in. Gap bright blue.