1970-1972 7.5 hp mercury comet stumped ??

I Have a 7.5 hp ,Model 75 merc I looked up the yr 70-72 ...Ive owned the motor for 3 yrs Now & it has Ran Unbeleveable Great ...The last 2 trips out Ive noticed it seemed to have a miss ....I also noticed that the kill button has a little blue/white arc spark around it .Today I pulled the motor cover off & Noticed an orange wire comming off the stator going to the Kill button ......Now My question is Can I take the orange wire off the Kill switch & do away with the Kill button Then just choke it to shut it off ?? ...also would the arc comming from the kill switch cause the motor to have a Miss ??

Re: 1970-1972 7.5 hp mercury comet stumped ??

I Have a 7.5 hp ,Model 75 merc I looked up the yr 70-72 ...Ive owned the motor for 3 yrs Now & it has Ran Unbeleveable Great ...The last 2 trips out Ive noticed it seemed to have a miss ....I also noticed that the kill button has a little blue/white arc spark around it .Today I pulled the motor cover off & Noticed an orange wire comming off the stator going to the Kill button ......Now My question is Can I take the orange wire off the Kill switch & do away with the Kill button Then just choke it to shut it off ?? ...also would the arc comming from the kill switch cause the motor to have a Miss ??
OK...heres what i did ...I disconnected the orange wire from the Kill switch & connected the wire to the black ground on the motor housing ...Now i started the motor & it ran fine ...For the few min i had it running ...I just dont want to fry any of my Ignition Parts ...any feedback ?

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

I strongly suggest you fix the kill switch its a safety device. I do understand you by passing it for testing purposes.

thanks for the reply Hawker .....This is a GREAT site ..Helped me more than once I understand the Kill switch is for safety Reasons & for that Reason I WILL REPLACE IT ...after i take it for the test run ....The motor is used as a kicker to troll with only ...