Need help locating Aluminum rub rail channel!

Curado Kid

Recruit
Just a little background info.

Working on a 16' 1964 Starcraft which has been in the family for many decades.
Powerplant is a 70hp Mercury which flat out flys!
As a surprize for my grandma i am re-furbishing it so i can take her out salmon fishing this fall, since I have many memories of fishing with her as a kid.
I have the motor up an running like a champ and now want to finish the carpeting/trims.
The last piece of the puzzle is to find the aluminum rub rail channel. I have no problem finding the rubber insert but have looked far and wide and cant seem to find that darn aluminum channel. The original channel was removed years ago and someone scrapped it for the aluminum! :facepalm:

Below is a pic with the rail channel i'm looking for.

starcraft rub rail channel.JPG

I'm not opposed to going with a non-factory rail channel, i'm just not sure how the new rail channel would attach to the U-shaped trim that most Starcrafts have around the perimeter.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

barato2

Commander
Re: Need help locating Aluminum rub rail channel!

Taco Metals makes a bunch of rubrails you might look at....not sure how well they'd interface.
Rub Rail @ http://tacomarine.com

if iboats don't have em, try DEfender.

and good on ya for your plan! my aunt got me started fishing at age 4, and it was muy cool when i was able to take her fishing years later when i was teenager and she was in her 80s! welcome to the starmada!

Last edited:

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Need help locating Aluminum rub rail channel!

Probably the only option is going to be getting it from another Starcraft boat.