Over heating alarm, low oil alarm

capttwb136

Cadet
Does anyone know where the alarm wires are under the console. When I turn my key on my 03' 60 Merc outboard, the alarm does not sound to let me know the warning system is working. I grounded the alarm system wire in the motor (tan/blue) and the alarm sounded, so I know the alarm itself works.

capttwb136

Cadet
Re: Over heating alarm, low oil alarm

Does anyone know where the alarm wires are under the console. When I turn my key on my 03' 60 Merc outboard, the alarm does not sound to let me know the warning system is working. I grounded the alarm system wire in the motor (tan/blue) and the alarm sounded, so I know the alarm itself works.

I found this in the manual, when warning horn does not beep when key is turned on, ground the tan and blue wire to the power head. If horn beeps when the key is turned on, suspect the warning/ignition module. I grounded the tan and blue wire and the horn sounded, so I have to check the control module to be sure all the leads are connected to the harness leads. Anyone know where the control module is? Thanks.

Last edited:

capttwb136

Cadet
Re: Over heating alarm, low oil alarm

Update, I contacted Mercury Marine and according to their records my year, model 60 Merc does not have a test beep at start up. So that solves that.