Look . . sometimes we as captains have to make split second decisons!

ngt

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Look . . sometimes we as captains have to make split second decisons!

for some reason it sounds more like he grabbed the dog and expected her to jump out behind him. When he got the dog to shore he realized she was stuck and went back. Sounds like they twisted it for a story. Could be wrong, but that was just my take.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Or it was a planned shipwreck, and after he made it to safety, his conscience got the best of him?

Seeing as the yacht didn't go down, he had to save her to save himself from certain prosecution. :D

JoLin

Vice Admiral

"He first swam Rosie ashore safely before returning for his wife, whose safety line had snagged on the steering gear," said Mr McGregor.

Agree with ngt. He thought his wife was following behind. As usual, it's a not very well written account...

Last edited:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

"He first swam Rosie ashore safely before returning for his wife, whose safety line had snagged on the steering gear," said Mr McGregor.

Agree with ngt. He thought his wife was following behind. As usual, it's a not very well written account...
Bet he had to go back, before the safety crews found out that her safety line was tied in a square knot.

82rude

Rear Admiral

this post reminds me of a line I seen the other day. how to determine mans best friend .take your wife and dog and lock them in the trunk together.wait one hour and open .see which one is going to be happier to see you .

NYBo

Admiral

From a video I saw on this incident, it was apparently a mutual agreement between them that he save the dog first.