achris

More fish than mountain goat
Re: Follow-up, four years after short shaft seal discussion

Well done... You must be so proud.
cool0012.gif
party0011.gif
happy0003.gif
jumping0045.gif

I guess that means you'll be leaving all the old oil in the engine now, and not changing spark plugs or any other failed parts... :facepalm:

Chris...

dccordell

Chief Petty Officer

I just want to know how you spent the $80 you saved? :D

natemoore

Master Chief Petty Officer

I just want to know how you spent the $80 you saved? :D

Money is fungible, but I did buy a butt-load of vinyl for my reupholstering project.

natemoore

Well done... You must be so proud.
cool0012.gif
party0011.gif
happy0003.gif
jumping0045.gif

I guess that means you'll be leaving all the old oil in the engine now, and not changing spark plugs or any other failed parts... :facepalm:

Chris...

Of course not Chris. Those have valid reasons for being performed.

Last edited:

achris

No, it means I have a brain.

That's not the way most of us view it... We see it as 'you took a risk and got away with it, this time.' And it also doesn't mean everybody else will get the same luck as you...

Chris....

natemoore

That's not the way most of us view it... We see it as 'you took a risk and got away with it, this time.' And it also doesn't mean everybody else will get the same luck as you...

Chris....

It wasn't a risk. It was a correct decision based on critical analysis.

achris

It wasn't a risk. It was a correct decision based on critical analysis.

:facepalm: That's what a 'risk' is... A decision based on accessing a situation...

Anyway... glad it worked out for you....

natemoore

:facepalm: That's what a 'risk' is... A decision based on accessing a situation...

Anyway... glad it worked out for you....

Doesn't matter anyway. I'm going to order a new SEI 106 outdrive, given that a Mallory aftermarket u-joint bellows screwed me on our first trip out for the summer, that the shift shaft is out of limits, and it's making a hell of a clanging noise in neutral. Luckily, down here in Florida, the boating weather will be getting close to perfect when most of the country is worrying about winterizing. :joyous:

achris

... Luckily, down here in Florida, the boating weather will be getting close to perfect when most of the country is worrying about winterizing. :joyous:

I hear you on that :D :D ;) It's the MIDDLE of winter here, and I was out fishing last night with a friend... This is what found its way onto the boat... (we were about 15nm off the coast. Didn't get home until about 3am.)

natemoore

I hear you on that :D :D ;) It's the MIDDLE of winter here, and I was out fishing last night with a friend... This is what found its way onto the boat... (we were about 15nm off the coast. Didn't get home until about 3am.)

That looks delicious! Is it a grouper? I can't wait for it to cool off a little here. The Redfish and Speckled Trout fishing is the best in the fall.

Won't be needing to buy that SEI 106 after all. My customer was so happy with his engineered quartz counter top and the rest of his kitchen remodeling that he gave me a complete Alpha One outdrive with stainless steel Quicksilver prop! He said it was shifting fine when he removed it from his boat (which was rotten beyond his desire to repair), so all I need to do is *ahem* replace the Mallory u-joint bellows and exhaust bellows, and the Sierra trim sender/limit switches--all of which very prematurely failed, then replace the gimbal bearing and u-joints which got wet with saltwater, then swap out the lower units, but not before redoing the water pump, then going back through the shift cable adjustment procedures. Easy Friday afternoon project :facepalm: