Sport Jet 120 Troubles

sugarsandheat

Recruit
I have a 2000 Sugar Sand Heat with a Mercury 120 Sport Jet. Took it out this week for the first time in a year. Primed the bulb on the fuel line a few times and it literally fired right up, easier than I can ever remember out of cold storage.

Once on the water things went well, but I noticed the engine bog when I was turning and making loops at WOT. It would clear itself and surge back to full speed on its own after a couple of seconds. We lived with it and tubed, pulled wakeboards, etc. for a few days. I threw a can of Sea Foam in for good measure and to stabilize the fuel in case I didn't burn through it all.

Things got worse today as it was running very rich at idle. It started bogging more (oddly again it was most noticeable when turning, not when going straight). The boat doesn't rapidly lose speed (it isn't going into reverse via the gate dropping), but the motor bogs. I pulled the screen filter off the fuel fitting on the side of the engine, it was clean. I pulled the pick up out of the tank, the screen was clean. I did not replace the fuel filter....yet.

I went back out on the water and things were the same, only it ultimately died upon idle and would not re-start. It died upon idle earlier today too, before my fuel diagnosing.

So, fuel pump, fuel filter, or carb problems? I would love a little advice and am a first time user of this site. Thank you in advance.