fuel

tvawter28

Recruit
I am a newbie givin a boat with a 20hp chrysler autoelectric outboard what kind of fuel or fuel/oil mix do i put in the gas tank?

wickware

Lieutenant
Re: fuel

50:1 and I would suggest adding Stabil additive if you will be using ethanol gas. Get a manual and see what other ?Preventive Maintenance world be good to perform if the motor is new to you. Two Biggies would be to check the oil on the Lower Unit and ck/replace the water pump impeller (to protect U/U gears and to insure cooling water to cool your engine.

Please share what you find in the L/U?s oil and water pump?s impeller. Do you have any past history on the motor? Share some pics to see if it looks well maintained?

Good Luck!

tvawter28

Recruit

thanks, will open her up and take pics and thats 50:1 2cycle oil right? tried looking up owners manual online cant find anything but repair manuals any ideas?

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Regular 87 octane pump gasoline with 50-1 TCW-3 outboard oil--Your choice of brands, the engine doesn't care. One pint per six gallons of gas is easy to measure and works out to 48-1. It's what I use all the time.

Last edited: