water leak and fuel problem

huntingtheworld

Petty Officer 1st Class
ok im back to the fuel problem,I have a check valve ? on mt tank with a sticking ball.It always quits on my and ive switched pumps. what is that called in pic one? 2 I have a water leak its coming from the small hole in the pic.What is the cause?

Attachments

• image (32).jpg
    image (32).jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 0
  • image (29).jpg
    image (29).jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 0
  • image (30).jpg
    image (30).jpg
    19 KB · Views: 0

huntingtheworld

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: water leak and fuel problem

could i wd 40 the valve? and the hole in pic 3 is right beside the water neck on the right.

81 Checkmate

Lieutenant

1. Sure try the WD-40 to loosen it.......

2. That looks like your inner transome shield............Have you pulled the drive to have a look from the other side?

huntingtheworld

Petty Officer 1st Class

1. Sure try the WD-40 to loosen it.......

2. That looks like your inner transome shield............Have you pulled the drive to have a look from the other side?

ive pulled the whole drive out to replace some bellows but did not know where the water was coming from.every time i put it in the water something happens lol.Is their supose to be a gesket their or?

81 Checkmate

Lieutenant

Can you clean up that area...get the crud off so you can see it better. Some engine degreaser and blast it with a water hose.

Dont think there is gasket in that area where the crud is.....there is one to the left where the raw water hose is conected.

What did the inside of the drive bellows look like?

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

pic1 anti-syphon valve
pic 2 ,water entering from there coud be from a hole in the main bellows or a corroded hole thru the housing.

alldodge

Staff member

ok im back to the fuel problem,I have a check valve ? on mt tank with a sticking ball.It always quits on my and ive switched pumps. what is that called in pic one? 2 I have a water leak its coming from the small hole in the pic.What is the cause?

I blew up the pics and while I agree with BT Doctur it needs cleaned up, the hose clamp has compacted the hose so maybe it's leaking from the hose.